Owner & Head Coach.
Jay Tyler is an Owner and the Head Coach at The Strength Coach. Jay has an extensive coaching career which has involved working with rugby players, bodybuilders, men’s physique, bikini and figure competitors, novice and elite level powerlifters and some of Australia’s best professional boxers.
Jay has experience in managing health clubs, running youth development and corporate health programs, delivering accredited courses, refereeing in powerlifting and mentoring up-and-coming strength coaches. Jay has competed as an elite level powerlifter himself with a 280kg squat, 200kg bench and 300kg deadlift at 95kg bodyweight.
- Certified Personal Trainer
- ISSN Sports Nutritionist
- ASCA Strength & Conditioning Coach
- Recomp Specialist
- Rugby League Youth Development Programs
- Corporate Weight Loss Programs for 200+ Employees
- Instructor/Facilitator for Nationally Accredited Courses
- Academy Director for Nationally Accredited Courses
- State and National Powerlifting Referee
- Mentoring new ASCA Strength & Conditioning Coaches
- Club Manager for Anytime Fitness
- Elite Level Powerlifting Coach
From body transformation goals, building strength, nutrition plans or improving overall training, we can offer various coaching solutions.
We understand everyone comes from a vast array of experience to no experience at all in the gym so we make sure we keep the process as simple as possible.
Powerlifting has become a well renowned international sport which our team of athletes, some of which have state and national records, are extermely passionate about.
Head coach Jay Tyler has worked in the fitness industry for over 10 years and understands what is required to become a high performmance coach.